forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [Plugin] PDA or Sidebar output plugin ?
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:03:31 GMT

David Crossley a écrit :

>Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>

>>Does anyone work on a plugin to generate a simple version of the site
>>(for Mozilla/firefox sidebar or for PDA ?)
>>

>I don't understand your intention, so this comment
>might be off-track ...
>
>There is the beginning of the "plain" skin
>which could perhaps be turned an output plugin.
>http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/skins.html#plain-dev

No, no, with Nescape, Mozilla, Firefox and Opera browsers - and maybe
others ? - Sidebars are small HTML or XUL pages which open in the left
part of your browser - a specific frame which automatically opens - and
whose links refresh the right part.
The links use a specific target : "_content" to do this.

Cf. : http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/viewsource/2002/sidebar/
Example : google sidebar : http://www.google.com/mozilla/google.xul2

Regards,
Cyriaque,