forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: describe Forrest in 50 words
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:25:18 GMT

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 10:25 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>DC> We can enhance the original. Ferdinand, i don't mean
>>DC> to dismiss any of your contribution.
>>
>>OK, that's fine by me. Just go ahead and change what bugged you
>>about it.
>>
>>On the other hand: A lot of people put their mind on improving the
>>previous text, so may be it was not such a great idea for me to come
>>up with something totally different.
>>
>>It might help to hear some more voices on this?

Would like to comment, but I'm not sure if I'll find
the time to read the thread  :-(

> To be honest I can understand your SSP approach and I can see why it
> seems to be limiting, but I would prefer when we have a vote with the
> different proposals and then see which one wins.
>
> ...I could not find a translation for:
> "Worte sind nur Schall und Rauch" ;-)

How about (pretty free translation, though)

       - verba volant, scripta manent -

Thanks Nicola!

Here are some other close hits
   http://makeashorterlink.com/?D23A228FA

Johannes

> salu2

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de