forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: possible entity resolver failure (Was: svn commit: r164099)
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:12:04 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>How are you invoking forrest?
>>>If it is in the plugins directory using
>>>'forrest/tools/ant/bin/ant test'
>>>then did you remember the recent discussion
>>>about the system Ant libs missing resolver.jar
>>>http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html#ant
>>
>>Yep, I have xml-commons-resolver,jar in my ant lib directory.
>>
>>It occurs however I run forrest:
>>
>>ant test
>>forrest site
>>forrest run
>>
>>I just verified I was at the latest release of Forrest, and did a clean
>>build (somehow I always forget to do that). But no change.
>

> So does the entity resolver also fail for you with all
> the normal processing, e.g. in forrest/site-author
> doing 'forrest site'?

site-author does not have any files that contain a DTD reference used by
a plugin, so it works with SVN head.

However, if I add:

<!DOCTYPE status PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Status V1.3//EN" "status-v13.dtd">

to status.xml in site-author it fails.

If I use:

<!DOCTYPE status PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Status V1.3//EN"
"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/status-v13.dtd">

(note full URL of DTD) then it works (presumambly the resolver goes to
the website, I've not checked this traffic.

> Please switch the verbosity level to 10 in
> WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf and send me
> the output.

The relevant parts are:

At Startup:

Parse catalog:
file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalog.
xcat
file:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catalo
g.xcat
Default BASE:
file://D:/D:/openSource/forrest/main/webapp/resources/schema/catal
og.xcat
Parse  text/plain catalog on input stream
No CatalogReader for MIME type:  text/plain

Requesting with the failing doctype above (not http://)

resolveSystem(file:/D:/openSource/forrest/site-author/status-v13.dtd)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//DTD Status
V1.3//EN,file:/D:/openSource/forrest/site-au
thor/status-v13.dtd)

Requesting with the succeeding doctype (with http;//):

resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/status-v13.dtd)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//DTD Status
V1.3//EN,http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/statu
s-v13.dtd)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v13.mod)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//ENTITIES Documentation
V1.3//EN,http://forrest.apache.o
rg/dtd/document-v13.mod)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/common-charents-v10.mod)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//ENTITIES Common Character Entity Sets
V1.0//EN,http://f
orrest.apache.org/dtd/common-charents-v10.mod)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/entity/ISOlat1.pen)
resolvePublic(ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Added Latin
1//EN//XML,http://forrest.apac
he.org/entity/ISOlat1.pen)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/entity/ISOpub.pen)
resolvePublic(ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES
Publishing//EN//XML,http://forrest.apache.
org/entity/ISOpub.pen)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/entity/ISOtech.pen)
resolvePublic(ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES General
Technical//EN//XML,http://forrest.
apache.org/entity/ISOtech.pen)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/entity/ISOnum.pen)
resolvePublic(ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Numeric and Special
Graphic//EN//XML,http:
//forrest.apache.org/entity/ISOnum.pen)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/entity/ISOdia.pen)
resolvePublic(ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Diacritical
Marks//EN//XML,http://forrest.
apache.org/entity/ISOdia.pen)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/common-elems-v10.mod)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//ENTITIES Common Elements
V1.0//EN,http://forrest.apache
.org/dtd/common-elems-v10.mod)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/changes-v11.mod)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//ENTITIES Changes
V1.1//EN,http://forrest.apache.org/dtd
/changes-v11.mod)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/todo-v11.mod)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//ENTITIES Todo
V1.1//EN,http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/to
do-v11.mod)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/status-v13.mod)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//ENTITIES Status
V1.3//EN,http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/
status-v13.mod)

When requesting a file such as index.html (after a restart to ensure no
cached DTD files) I get:

resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/skinconfig-v06-3.dtd)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//DTD Skin Configuration
V0.6-3//EN,http://forrest.apache
.org/dtd/skinconfig-v06-3.dtd)
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/tab-cocoon-v11.dtd)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//DTD Cocoon Documentation Tab
V1.1//EN,http://forrest.ap
ache.org/dtd/tab-cocoon-v11.dtd)
Lazy mode: false
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v12.dtd)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//DTD Documentation
V1.2//EN,http://forrest.apache.org/dt
d/document-v12.dtd)
[...]
resolveSystem(http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v12.mod)
resolvePublic(-//APACHE//ENTITIES Documentation
V1.2//EN,http://forrest.apache.o
rg/dtd/document-v12.mod)

> Does this problem occur for anyone else?

Anyone?

To attempt to reproduce add the following doctype definitions to
site-author/status.xml

<!DOCTYPE status PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Status V1.3//EN" "status-v13.dtd">

Ross