forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using view/viewHelper
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:08:09 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>
>> Awesome! While we're at it, I wonder why we have those elaborate color
>> definitions in skinconf.xml? Since we are going to use CSS for
>> skinning anyways, doesn't it make more sense to put the color
>> definitions into CSS as well? Just a thought.
>>

> +1

These were separated out to enable people to change the colours without
having to understand CSS or get bogged down in the detail of the CSS.

Whilst it is certainly a working solution, and an improvement on having
to edit the CSS stylesheets directly I don't think it is an optimal
solution.

With the new views we should be able to come up with something better.
Can we extract the colour definitions somewhere else and make it much
easier to define the colours. I recently had a use case in which I had
to do this and I just could not find out where to change the colour for
the thin line below the secondary tabs. I still have a site that is all
shades of green with one blue line - it's infuriating.

Can we provide colour groups. Something like "highlight", "lowlight",
shadow, "background", "foreground" etc. and then have an individual
skin/view decide how to apply these colours?

With the new override facility in views would it then be possible to
provide exceptions to this rule by defining a colour for a specific
class in CSS.

Ross