forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms and forrest
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:44:43 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>>Seems to be that I am the first one in trying to do it.
>>
>>I just did some testing, but I actually I get
>>
>>Message: null

>>Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>>
>>Source: Cocoon Servlet
>>
>>Request URI
>>
>>dima/bearbeiten/
>>
>>cause
>>
>>org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.FormsTemplateTransformer
>>
>>I reckon I have not defined the needed components in the forrest-core.xconf and/or
>> have not provided the needed jars in the lib.
>>
>>Anybody a hint what I have to do to enable the flow/cforms in forrest?
>

> Forrest only ships the Cocoon Blocks that we currently need.
> See lib/core/cocoon-*
>
> You would need to add the Cforms Block, relevant to the
> cocoon-2.2 version that we are using.
>
> Yes you would need to add to forrest-core.xconf

Actually, if you are working on this now I may as well start a branch
with my experiments in the next plugins extensions. It allows plugins to
provide their own xconf stuff. This part works.

The part that doesn't work is allowing plugins to provide additions to
the web.xml file. This is necessary for some blocks, like the database
block which is what I wanted this functionality for and why I never
finished it. Deadlines meant I had to hack a solution.

The code is quite a long way out of sync with Head and I'm not able to
spend time directly on this branch until after 0.7 is out. However, you
might find it works for you in this use case.

I'll mail when I set the branch up, may not be until tonight (GMT)

Ross