forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Tidying up plugins for 0.7 release
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:30:46 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 13:06 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 17:33 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>>So, unless there is a -1 before by the end of the weekend I will move
>>>the following plugins to whiteboard/plugins next week.
>>-1 on them, why in the whiteboard?
>>I agree they are not perfect yet, but they are working fine.
> I want to change that to +1. ;-)
> They still need more extensive testing and rethinking.
> What do the user have to do to use plugins from the whiteboard?

Short term answer:

I've already moved the necessary build script to whiteboard. In
otherwords it's exactly the same as in the main plugins directory.

Medium-Long term answer:

One day I'll move the build script into main and make all the plugin
commands "forrest deploy" etc. This will remove the need for duplicated
code between the whiteboard and plugins and also allow users to work on
local plugins wherever they want to.

View raw message