forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New format for skinconf
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:44:36 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

..

>> This contracts can be written
>> the way you just suggested. Create a default copyright contract that can
>> be used apache wide.
>>
>> ....BUT I would not suggest to keep it in the skinconf. The skinconf is
>> to inflexible due to the fact that it is configuring the WHOLE site and
>> not only on a per page/document base. What would you do when you have a
>> one page or a couple of pages with different copyright notices?
>

> This is part of the other thread, the per-page based properties.
> Skinconf should be only the default for each section or page, that can
> overried it's values, I agree.
>
> I think I have to stop here on this, as one should now mix that thread
> with this conclusion and come to a unified design, and I'm too tired.
>
> Wanna try? :-)

For me the ability to do per page config is the critical factor. This
will solve Cocoon's problems too since it can be per folder too.
However, I'm avoiding getting involved with this discussion as I really
want to work on the 0.7 release and I have little enough time for now.
I'll be glad to return to this once 0.7 is done. In the meantime feel
free to proceed as you see fit.

Ross