forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Arik Kfir <arikk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New format for skinconf
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:55:19 GMT
I've noticed that the skinconf.xml contains all the skin colors.
Generally, that is the place they belong, but I see some problems with this:

a. it takes a lot of space (half the file is dedicated to colors)
b. since the colors are usually grouped (per skin - pelt, leather, etc)
- meaning there should be some additional level that's currently missing
c. the default color definitions are not located anywhere except as a
comment in the default skinconf.xml - which means most people do not
remove the comments because you wouldn't know where to retrieve them in
case you will change skin

What I would suggest is to introduce an additional (optional) file
called "skin-colors.xml" which will contain the site's color
definitions. It should be optional of course.

What's more, with this configuration, we will be able to provide several
files - each containing the "skin-colors.xml" file to use (the
forrest.properties can have a property that points to it, with a
sensible default) so I can have several color configurations and simply
"pick out" the one I want by changing a property in forrest.properties.

What do you think?