forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2nd generation skinning - view and leather
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:53:10 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 20:42 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>

>>>If somebody have some spare time and want to help us with the "2nd
>>>generation skinning" you can:
>>
>>I will certainly be helping out, but not until 0.7 is released. Once
>>that is done this is right at the top of my ToDo list.
>>

> Dude, no hurries.
>
> You know more or less know what I am trying to do. Now I need more
> devs/user and committer (junior/senior) looking in the stuff and give
> me/us feedback.
>
> I think it would be a good idea to plan the view/leather as default
> skinning mechanism for 0.8. That would makes it possible to develop the
> skinning engine for 0.9 and have a stable version on our 1.0. :)

I'd be +1 for this, especially since you have stated that your goal is
to make the new system use an XHTML internal format, which is already a
0.8 deliverable.

> ...but for that I need some eyes on the code and NOT ONLY yours and
> mine!!! Actually I wish especially that Nicola would have a look and
> play devils advocate. ;-)

I noticed a Blog from Nicola recently saying he has stopped getting
involved with too many planning discussions as he has found himself too
distracted. He also mentioned he unsubscribed from lots of lists. I hope
this wasn't one of them. Nicola, being Nicola, if he is here he'll have
filters to pick, out emails with his name in, so if we mention Nicola a
few times, maybe by his alternative moniker of Nicola Ken, he might get
flagged by his filter systems.

Nicola Ken, we need your input (you don't need to volunteer for anything
or code anything - and we'll be happy to give you a catch-up mail ;-)

OK, if that doesn't work - then he's gone for a while (I'm resisting
sending a personal mail...)

Ross