forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: describe Forrest in 50 words
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:50:34 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> RG> I'd say stick with what we had
>
> I agree. No point in having a lengthy discussion. To a large extent it
> depends on the perspective you have and the background you come from.
>
> So if you feel happier with it, just ignore my proposal and
> stick with the previous text.

Here is the new version trying to take some of Ferdinand's
words into account. If no-one has anything more to add or
change, then i will go ahead and use this.

Apache Forrest is a standards-based documentation framework
using a plugin architecture to transform and aggregate various
input sources into various output formats. It is modular and
extensible, based on Apache Cocoon, to emphasise the strict
separation of presentation and content. This creates a unified
document collection that can be used as a dynamic application,
or generated at the command-line, or generated and deployed
with an automated publishing application.

--David