forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2nd generation skinning - view and leather
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:49:32 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> > > If somebody have some spare time and want to help us with the "2nd
> > > generation skinning" you can:
> >
> > I will certainly be helping out, but not until 0.7 is released. Once
> > that is done this is right at the top of my ToDo list.
>
> Dude, no hurries.
>
> You know more or less know what I am trying to do. Now I need more
> devs/user and committer (junior/senior) looking in the stuff and give
> me/us feedback.

Yes, calling all people on the dev list, not just the committers.

> I think it would be a good idea to plan the view/leather as default
> skinning mechanism for 0.8. That would makes it possible to develop the
> skinning engine for 0.9 and have a stable version on our 1.0. :)

Actually, we might need to go 0.8 0.9 0.10 0.11 1.0
Release often.

> ...but for that I need some eyes on the code and NOT ONLY yours and
> mine!!! Actually I wish especially that Nicola would have a look and
> play devils advocate. ;-)
>
> David had a look on it this morning (I am still waiting for things you
> do [not] like). ;-)

Sure, i will try again soon.

> Sorry for being pain in the a***, but I need some enhancement suggestion
> because I am relative happy with the concept but not really with my
> implementation (it is still proof of concept). ;-)

As NKB said, just get on with it, we can always change later.
Is the plugin marked with its status in some way, so that
people don't rely on it when it goes out with the 0.7 release?

--David