forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem with docs at forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 06:06:34 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

[snip]
> Furthering this idea, if we are versioning and storing docs-author and
> site-author, do we really need to store them seperately?  As you said,
> this method would mean we won't have to restructure the
> forrest_06_branch docs into two parts.

Good point. This separation is actually causing grief
for the off-line docs, as we cannot link from one to
the other.

I looked back through the email threads on FOR-391
and it seems that we made an assumption leap to have
the docs-author and site-author split. There was a
passing comment that we might have it like Cocoon
where they have a completely separate svn:cocoon/site/
to hold the top-level docs. We didn't talk about the
consequences.

So coming back to the current proposal, the only issue
that i see is that we will have multiple versions of
the top-level docs. I don't see that as a problem
because we will have multiple versions of /docs/ anyway
and they will have a banner saying "this is version x.y".

--David