forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: acknowledgement of contributors and author attribution
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 01:20:06 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> >For various reasons, the ASF Board suggested to all projects
> >to remove authors from sources.
> >
> >Apache Forrest follows that recommendation. Prior to each
> >release we scan the code to detect any license issues
> >and any author tags.
>
> Om that case how about removing the developers section from status.xml
> DTD (we can still see who applied a patch or addition in the SVN logs if
> necessary).

Or make it optional. At the moment i am just working
around that like this:

org.apache.forrest.plugin.dtdx-input/status.xml
<status>
  <developers>
    <person name="Volunteer needed" email="dev@forrest.apache.org" id="open"/>
  </developers>
  <changes>
    <release version="0.1" date="unreleased">
      <action dev="DC" type="add" context="admin">
        Initial plugin, moving stuff out of forrest core.
      </action>

We can still use the committer's initials in the changelog.

> In addition we should consider removing the author tag from
> the document.xml 2.0 DTD

It is already optional, so no need to remove it.
Anyway, other people might be using these DTDs
and they might want the author tags.

--David