forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: acknowledgement of contributors and author attribution
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 01:20:06 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >For various reasons, the ASF Board suggested to all projects
> >to remove authors from sources.
> >
> >Apache Forrest follows that recommendation. Prior to each
> >release we scan the code to detect any license issues
> >and any author tags.
> Om that case how about removing the developers section from status.xml
> DTD (we can still see who applied a patch or addition in the SVN logs if
> necessary).

Or make it optional. At the moment i am just working
around that like this:

    <person name="Volunteer needed" email="" id="open"/>
    <release version="0.1" date="unreleased">
      <action dev="DC" type="add" context="admin">
        Initial plugin, moving stuff out of forrest core.

We can still use the committer's initials in the changelog.

> In addition we should consider removing the author tag from
> the document.xml 2.0 DTD

It is already optional, so no need to remove it.
Anyway, other people might be using these DTDs
and they might want the author tags.

View raw message