forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r158748 - forrest/trunk/docs-author/skinconf.xml
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 07:13:13 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >
> >><motd-page-url>/docs/</motd-page-url> doesn't work if these docs
are
> >>standalone (e.g on my machine).
> >

> >Yeah, sorry. I knew it would make a broken link for local docs,
> >but thought that it was more important to get the website happening
> >at this stage.
> >

> Good point.  Now that I think more about it, it's probably ok as-is.
> Local dev docs may have a broken link, but when we have a real release
> that notification won't be there so local docs from a release won't have
> any problems.

Hold on. I thought that we were having the notification
(about which version) on every page under /docs/ regardless
of whether it is released.

> >Would it help to use a full URL to the online docs?

In my working copy, i have that now as a full URL to
an explanatory page at forrest.apache.org/docs.html
which links to each version of the docs, i.e.
/docs/0.6/ and /docs/0.7/ and the next -dev docs at /docs/0.8/

--David