forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Q: Adding my public key to keys
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:32:35 GMT

David wrote

> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>>
>> The instructions say:
>>
>> > Your project should have a KEYS file containing public keys for
>> > committers. Add your new key to it and also upload the key to a
>> > public key server (for example MIT).
>>
>> I have created a key and posted it to MIT, what exactly needs to be
>> done to add it to the KEYS-file?
>
> Just add your key to the bottom of the KEYS file.
> Do 'svn diff' to be sure, then 'svn commit'.

OK, after spending half an hour searching for that file on minotuarus,
I finally realized that this file is actually part of the forrest
distribution. It might help to add that fact to the instructions for
new committers.

Looking at keys I realized that each key is prefixed by a line that my
pgp 6.5.8.ckt is not generating.

Am I correct to assume that the syntax is a follows

pub 3072D/0xD20DCA11 2005/04/27 Ferdinand Soethe <ferdinand@apache.org>
                                                 ^ email
                                ^ full name
                     ^ creation date
          ^ key id
        ^ type of key: D for DH/DSS
    ^ Size is 3072 bits (how about my program saying 3072/1024???)
^ it is my public key

Thanks

--
Ferdinand Soethe