forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <>
Subject Re: Documentv20 --> DocBook
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:47:41 GMT

Thanks for explaining that. The transformation part is a strong point
for xhtml and so is the standard conformance.

Different angle (not connected to the above)

In terms of editing I think we should encourage people to use a
semantic markup language (such as docbook) as a source format for all
the reasons that Peter Hargreaves pointed out since all longer living
documents (and their authors will) will, in the long run, benefit from
such an approach.

Mind you, even discussions on this mailing list would benefit from
semantic markup when I think of applying a search engine to the archives.

Ferdinand Soethe

View raw message