forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RSS generated page as index
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:06:32 GMT
On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 23:15 -0700, Jason End wrote:
> I'm using MovableType to generate a news page for my
> site. Forrest then sucks the RSS into a weblog.xml
> file through a sitemap.xmap entry, as per the example
> on the Forrest site.
>
> Now I'd like that page to my main page. Ideally my
> main index.xml would contain the RSS feeds, but I
> don't see a way of limiting a sitemap directive to a
> single instance of a file.
>
> The other option is to redirect index.html to
> weblog.html but I'm running Forrest with Jetty and
> can't see how to make redirects.
>
> Any ideas?

The combination of view/viewHelper plugin is the solution we came up
with to solve this problem.

You can define a page view that will override the default one. Trying to
say you can define a default view (defines which content and
functionality you want in your output) and can override it on a per page
basis. Defining a view is pretty straight forward. You will find more
informations in the plugins.

Both plugins are in the whiteboard in svn. You may have a look. It is
pretty new and will come for 0.8 but you can test and gives us
feedback. ;-)

HTH

> Jay

salu2