forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Howto V 2.0 transform
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 01:05:03 GMT
On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 09:53 +1000, David Crossley wrote:

> > I'll try svn diff for my next submission (making faqs v2.0 consistent
> > with document v2.0 and howto v2.0 I think).
>
> Hmm, i am not clear what you mean by that.

I noticed that there are only head definitions for howto and document
DTDs.  When authoring other documents, you can't put some of the
information in.  After looking at the other DTDs, I don't know if it
would be valuable to add the head elements in or not.

> That is correct. These stylesheets need to be able
> to cope with both formats.  Your changes did.

Actually, I think in my copy I broke v 1.x How To compatibility.  At
least with my sample document the questions and answers were not
translated correctly.  That's why I left the original stylesheet.

> The basic thing to bear in mind is that all formats
> (i.e. v*.* of faq, changes, document) get transformed
> into the internal format. At the momemnt this is document-v1

I see that.  I've been trying to get the meta element from v 2.0 DTDs to
make it into the final rendition.  Right now if you add a meta tag to a
v 2.0 how to or document xml file you will get non-validating html from
the pelt skin.  Even if you don't include a meta tag, you get an empty

Hopefully I can get that figured out.

--
Mark Eggers <its_toasted@yahoo.com>