forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <>
Subject Howto V 2.0 transform
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:17:43 GMT
After being away from using Forrest for a while, I decided to give it
another shot.

I am working on creating a large How To site, and hence my interest in
the How To DTD.

I noticed that the FAQ section of the How To V 2.0 DTD wasn't getting
translated using the seeded site.

I did some digging around in $FORREST_HOME/main/webapp and

I made a slight modification of forrest.xmap, and added a new stylesheet
in $FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets

This fixes the FAQ section of the How To V 2.0 DTD, but it's still a bit
ugly.  In particular it doesn't copy over all the attributes, and the ID
generation for the TOC is not nice (being taken from the question or
faqsection title).

If people are interested I can submit it to JIRA for comment and review.

I'm primarily a systems person, so I have no idea about how well this
solution really works.

Mark Eggers <>

View raw message