forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New format for skinconf
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:54:26 GMT
On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 09:29 +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>I hope that's not what we are going to tell our users =-)
> >
> > Why not? We are >1.0 and we are enhancing everyday. Why should I not
> > tell the user that the things we have done before now we can do better?
>
> Don't get me wrong. I'm just talking about the wording, not the
> substance, which I feel is the right way forward. I don't think that
> many users would feel Forrest is easy, if to change style they have to
> change the "views based on contracts". ;-)

Ok :)

Reading it sounds REALLY awkward. ;-)

LOL

> >>This is part of the other thread, the per-page based properties.
> >>Skinconf should be only the default for each section or page, that can
> >>overried it's values, I agree.
> >>
> >>I think I have to stop here on this, as one should now mix that thread
> >>with this conclusion and come to a unified design, and I'm too tired.
> >>
> >>Wanna try? :-)
> >
> > I am not only trying, dude. It is out there! Install the plugins and
> > have a look.
>
> I'm talking about unifiend the new skinconf format with the more
> granular configuration Ross discussed about. I know that you did a very
> good job with the view concept, that has never been in question.

Cheers.

> > I am talking since November last year about the concept and finally got
> > the chance to implement it because I could take the time.
> >
> > I know that the skins are coming from you and they are REALLY great but
> > they have their limitations. In the future I HOPE that the same some
> > committer will say regarding the view concept (I am already seeing
> > limitations that I do not like).
> >
> > It is not about an unified design it is about to make it happen. I would
> > be VERY HAPPY if you can/will enhance the ideas and the design.
> >
> > To be honest I am only implementing it because I want to use forrest for
> > my own personal webpage (nothing more and nothing less) and I am sad
> > that you are tired because YOU ARE the one that we need to make it
> > really a success.
> >
> > ....but I guess that is your personal decision and I respect it because I
> > respect your work.
>
> Sorry, I think you misunderstood, and I think it's my fault :-/

I am sorry as well I jumped the gun here.

> I just said I'm tired not because of this discussion, but because I
> start working at 7:30 and go to bed at midnight and work on Sundays.

Dude, that is REALLY heavy I hope it will get better for you in the near
future.

> I mean that I would like to help, and that I agree with the discussion
> and your work on the views, and that the evolution from the current
> skins is what I want to see... but that unfortunately, as much as I
> would like to help, I'm too tired because of a lot of real-life work I
> have to do now.

I perfectly understand you. I am lucky that I got some projects that
gave me some more freedom, but that will change as well again with the
coming week where another busy project will take off.

> Sorry for the confusion :-/

No worries, mate. Thanks for your explanations. :)

All the best for you and I hope your real-life work will get a wee bit
more relaxed (it is not really healthy to work as much, you need time to
relax).

Sorry for jumping the gun.

salu2
--