forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject 2nd generation skinning - view and leather
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:04:42 GMT
Hello devs,

I splitted views into view and leather.

view
Is an internal plugin which prepares the presentation stage by calling
all needed content and add it to the pipeline. Right now we are hooking
in the last stage (site2xhtml) of the core skinit pipes.

leather
Is an output plugin which provides the contract implementations
requested by the view. This contracts have been extracted from the
site2xhtml.xsl from leather-dev. Trying to say that the contracts are
xsl-templates.

Everything seems to work the way I expected. Now I have to finish all
contracts from leather/pelt (leather), move all skin core pipes that are
requesting content to the (view) and document everything very well. ;-)

If somebody have some spare time and want to help us with the "2nd
generation skinning" you can:
- help implementing the missing contracts from pelt/leather into
forrest:templates
- provide css enhancement for the leather plugin skin
- look into the skin core pipes and move them over to the view plugin
- write documentation

salu2
--
thorsten