forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: DITA plugin
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:46:37 GMT
Jeff Levitt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this list.  I am a Derby contributor, and
> I wanted to see if I could help out with Ross's Jira
> issue:
>
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-461
>
> I created the DITA docs that Derby is using for
> documentation, and since we use Forrest for our site,
> it would be nice if we could throw our XML DITA files
> into directories within our xdocs/ directory and get a
> working site with html output in there using the DITA
> toolkit.
>  <snip />

minor clarification ....

Instead of putting dita source files in the derby web site source
(repos/asf/incubator/derby/site) xdocs directory, dita source is
currently in a separate location at repos/asf/incubator/derby/docs.

We'd like to do a separate forrest project for
repos/asf/incubator/derby/docs and use forrest to build the manuals from
dita source, then copy those built docs into the derby web site source
-- but not under xdocs. We don't need to rebuild the docs each time the
derby web site is built.

So far my understanding is that 'forrest site' is an all or nothing deal
for all files under xdocs. For example, if we put dita source under
xdocs we couldn't tell forrest to exclude building those. --Or could we?

thanks,

  -jean