forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest:views not working for me
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:53:14 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 10:37 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>>...and do not get any error. Can you try that and report back?
>>
>>I have no idea what I was doing wrong last night, but it works this
>>morning. Sorry.
>

> The same happend for me with the projectInfo plugin. This morning I did
> an ant local-deploy and the mismatch was gone.
>
> It seems that the plugins have to be locally deployed to work.

The views plugin has not been deployed. It is not present at
http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/

I just logged in and did an svn up, but everything was up to date.

You shouldn't have problems with the projectInfo plugin, that is deployed.

>>I don't see the RSS nugget as it is in the screenshot at
>>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.views/resources/screenshots/index.html.png?view=auto&rev=159556
>>instead I see a list of headlines and links at the end of the document.
>>

> Hmm, can you make a screenshot? Maybe it is "just" a css issue.

hurrumph - I did an SVN update this morning and ran it again, now it
looks just like your screenshot.

> Can you try on a fresh seed? Just copy the default.fv
> from the plugin to your ${project.conf-dir} and modify this file.

I'm not going to have a play just yet, I'll keep discussing with you but
I have a couple of hours and want to actually do something for the 0.7
release.

Ross