forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: annotated sitemaps to assist writing docs
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:00:46 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Some discussion from http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-446
> Dunno what the answer is yet ...

Is there any way that we can XInclude content from the real sitemap into
the final document?

If we do this then we simply keep the real sitemap well commented and
all documentation will update itself.

The problem I see is with XIncluding data into a CDATA setion, I don't
think it can be done directly. For example:

XDoc:

<section class="cdata">
   <title>Annotated Sitmap Snippet</title>
   <xi:include src="sitemap.xmap#match[pattern='**-body-html']"/>
</section>

document2html.xsl:

<xsl:template match="section[@class=cdata"]">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="title"/>
   <![[CDATA[
     <xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(title)]/>
   ]]>
</xsl:template>

This will not work because <xsl:apply-templates select="not(title)/> is
inside a CDATA section and so will not get processed.

If there a way of using XSLT to encode a section as CDATA?

Ross