forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status.xml in "seed site"
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:50:41 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross, during the move of the status/changes/todo processing
> into the projectInfo plugin, the status.xml file was removed
> at main/fresh-site/status.xml ... Was that deliberate?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=156244

Ahhh... hmmm... yes... well... errr... I should have discussed this.

I did remove it because I moved the functionality from core and to use
status.xml you now need to be specifically include the projectInfo
plugin in a project. Therefore no status.xml in the seeded site.

However, this may be a case for actually including the plugin in a
seeded site (as we do with pdf-output).

The reason I extracted this functionlaity was because it was getting in
the way of a legacy project here and we have another projectInfo plugin
for the proprietary legacy files. But this is not a good reason for
removing it from the seeded site.

I have no strong opinions on whether it be included with the seeded site
or not.

If you do include it you will need to specify the plugin in
forrest.properties as well.

Ross