forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: better use of Jira for Forrest
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:32:21 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>>We need to be continually cleaning up our Jira issue tracker.
>>>There is a lot of clutter and it means that we cannot have a
>>>good view of our situation.
>>>
>>>We recently defined a stack categories. That helps to provide
>>>other ways to browse the outstanding issues.
>>>
>>>Today i removed the 0.6.1 release version. That helps with the
>>>Roadmap because now we can see the 0.8 issues too.
>>>
>>>That Roadmap shows a stack of issues marked as occuring against
>>>HEAD version and then another stack against 0.7 version.
>>>
>>>Should all the 0.7 ones be moved to HEAD, or the other way around,
>>>should all HEAD issues be moved to 0.7 version?
>>>
>>>I reckon the latter, move HEAD to 0.7 version. Then we should
>>>remove "HEAD version" as an option in Jira.
>>>
>>>What do others reckon?
>>
>>+1 - this seems to have the most meaning when we have 0.7 out the door.
>>Perhaps this should be part of the release process. Everything marked as
>>head during the code freeze should be moved to the upcoming release.
>

> Yeah that is what i did last release.
>
> What i am proposing now is an extra step. Remove the option
> "HEAD version" entirely from Jira. I think it is superfluous.

Sorry - I'm reading too fast this morning.

If a bug is introduced into head (i.e. wasn't in the previous release)
where would it go? The next release due I suppose.

Seems fine to me.

Would it be worth naming the next release 0.8-dev and then renaming to
0.8 when it is released? (not sure if Jira allows this, I assume it does).

Ross