forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <>
Subject which document2fo.xsl, pdf-output plugin
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:28:01 GMT

I recently got confused about which document2fo.xsl file
is beeing used (in order of precedence, I believe):
* My local copy in the skins directory (if present)
* The one below main/webapp/skins/<skinname>
* The one below main/webapp/skins/common
   (which normally gets included from <skinname>)
* The non-existent one in plugins/...pdf-output/resources

Then I asked myself
* Why does the pdf-output belong to a (HTML) skin?
* Wouldn't it be nice to have separate HTML, PDF, ... skins?

Finally: How do skins and output-plugins interact?
I see that the pdf-output simply gives a pipeline from
fo to pdf. So,
* Output plugins do not need to work directly from
   forrest-document format?
* Does fo generation then belong to forrest core?
* What happens if we add the other FOP targets
   (postscript, RTF, SVG, PCL, ...)?

A lot of questions pretty early?!
Thanks for any clarifications!

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München

Besuchen Sie uns auf der Hannover Messe 11.-15. April 2005
Halle 2, Stand C14 auf dem MMI Gemeinschaftsstand

Nächstes TAE-Seminar zu User Interface Design
Ostfildern-Nellingen, 07.-08. April 2005 TAE-Veranstaltung Nr. 31189

View raw message