forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Created: (FOR-464) Added HowTo-Support for OO-writer plugin, fixed Hugo
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:09:53 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> RG> Cool stuff - thanks. I especially like the yellow sticky notes = fixmes

> Though I'm already having second thoughts about this new feature
> because the original implementation is so much closer to the look and
> feel in Forrest whereas the sticky notes are rather inconspicuous in
> Writer's text.

I trust that you didn't break the original implementation, that is if
someone creates text with a fixme style then it is still rendered as a
fixme.

If you did break this then it is definetely the wrong thing to do.
However, if you simply added an alternative way of adding fixme's that
is more aligned with how most people do it in OOo then that is fine.

> So perhaps I should change that implementation to translate sticky
> notes to something else?

An alternative would be to use the "note" element. Personally I prefer
fixmes as that is the usual use for yellow sticky notes in my experience.

Ultimately, it should be configurable (need to get per plugin
configuration sorted before we can do that).

Ross