forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions on extending the OOwriter-PlugIn to support HowTos
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:47:34 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Thanks both of you for that quick advice.
>
> But I think I'm missing something here. In the docs it says
>
> JS> When Forrest installs a plugin it downloads a zip of the plugin
> JS> code and extracts it into the plugins directory of Forrest and an
> JS> entry is made in src/plugins/sitemap.xmap. For example, installing
> JS> the IMSManifest plugin described above will result in the
> JS> following entry being added to the plugin sitemap:
>
> So why is a change to a stylesheet in
>
> [forrest programm dir]\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.OpenOffice.org\resources\stylesheets\openoffice-common2forrest.xsl
>
> not visible right away. Is there a caching step that's not mentioned
> here?

This is because if you install the forthcoming binary version of 0.7,
you won't get the plugins, only the core, plugins are downloaded as and
when they are needed.

The ant local-deploy is the equivalent of downloading over the network,
but it does it with your local changes.

There is an issue in the tracker to make the system work with the
plugins inplace when they are available, this will remove the need for
ant local-deploy.

> JS> I think that then it's not even necessary to restart
> JS> forrest.
>
> So in other words if I restart (forrest run) or redo my static forrest
> it should work? (does not right now!)

See above.

> JS> You'll need to do a "local-deploy" in the plugin's
> JS> directory for the changes to happen:
>
> JS>    My-Plugin$>ant local-deploy
>
> Will install ant ant try this ant see if it makes an(t)y difference :-)

No need to install ant you already have it in the tools directory of
Forrest. Just put FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin on your PATH env variable.

Ross