forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending DTD catalog in plugins
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:03:44 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>This was sparked today by your message to users@ list. Assuming that
>>>the CatalogManager.properties works for you, then this is not an
>>>urgent issue.
>>
>>Actually it is (although not necessarily a blocker for 0.7). There are
>>many plugins that cannot be built using the current system. Basically,
>>anything requiring a DTD. The CatalogManager.properties solution doesn't
>>work for WAR files since the path to the catalog has to be a full path
>>rather than a relative.
>

> Sorry, i don't understand that. Why does it need to be a full path?

Not sure why it needs it but I made this statement because:

The instructions on
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/validation.html#catalog say:

"Next specify the full path to your catalog.xcat in the
src/documentation/classes/CatalogManager.properties file."

In addition the sample properties file provided in the site I was
working on said I could only use absolute paths. However, in opening the
file in the current SVN head of fresh-site I notice this has changed and
a new property has been added "relative-catalogs=no".

So we just need to update the docs accordingly (I'll do it now).

The solution is still no good for plugins (at least as I understand it)
since they cannot provide a CatalogManager.properties file to the
project. I'm OK with revisiting this after 0.7 though, you've given me
enough to get my current project working with a hack - that's all I care
about in the short term.

Thanks,
Ross