forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Questions on extending the OOwriter-PlugIn to support HowTos
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:59:10 GMT

>> Some other question: (Of course) I'm trying to automate patch creation
>> as an external tool in eclipse.

RG> Much better is to install the subclipse plugin, right click on the files
RG> or directories you want to create the patch of and select Team > create
RG> patch.

Thanks! Installed that and found a whole new world in my Navigator. I
really like Eclipse!

However doing a test create patch, I found the patchfile to contain
absolute pathnames once again:

RG> --- P:/forrest/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.OpenOffice.org/resources/stylesheets/openoffice-common2forrest.xsl
(revision 156284)
RG> +++ P:/forrest/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.OpenOffice.org/resources/stylesheets/openoffice-common2forrest.xsl
(working copy)

So does this not matter when you apply that patch later on? I figured
relative pathnames starting from root of my repository where needed to
make the patchfiles universally applicable.

--
Ferdinand Soethe