forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: planning for 0.7 release
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:24:10 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:
> > >Let us get some planning happening or we are going to have trouble
> > >getting the release out.
> > >
> > >We obviously missed the dates of 2003-03-25 and 2005-03-22
> > >because we need code-freeze and testing for one week beforehand.
> > >
> > >I suggest the following release plan:
> > >
> > >Code freeze and testing starts on 2005-03-30 which is
> > >two days after Easter. During "code freeze" we cannot add any
> > >new functionality, just bug fixes and documentation tweaks.
> > >We create the release candidates for both Windows and UNIX on
> > >this day and start the vote.
> > >
> > >If changes have been made during the week, then we create
> > >another set of release candidates on 2005-04-05 to give people
> > >time to verify the signatures and checksums and to do final tests.
> > >
> > >Actual release date Wednesday 2005-04-06 then wait 24 hours
> > >for the mirrors to receive it before sending the announcements.
> > >
> > >If anyone wants any different, then please propose another
> > >release plan.
> > 
> > I'm still snowed under with a project that keeps getting extended. It is 
> > due to finish (again) the end of this week.
> > 
> > I'll do what I can but cannot be certain of my undivided attention.
> 
> Well, we are all busy and all snowed under. No one expects anybody's
> total attention. We just do what we can.
> 
> The focus of the release should mainly be about getting the
> versioning of docs and website fixed.
> 
> We can play down the plugins aspect for this release and make
> a 0.8 soon especially for plugins. For now we just need to
> ensure that the main infrastructure is working. That should
> take the pressure off you, Mr Plugins.
> 
> What worries me is that we don't hear many other people stepping
> up to help with the release. So maybe we need to delay it for
> another week or two.

Sorry to everyone who was expecting a release, but the freeze date
has passed and we are not ready. We need people, both committers
and developers, to assist with documentation and outstanding issues.

--David

Mime
View raw message