forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: License question about Adobe Indesign
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:51:21 GMT
I am still confused about what part Forrest plays in this.

It seems that Adobe are encouraging other products to
integrate with their products by using XML as an input
and an output format.

If your intention is that Forrest gathers input from
somewhere and tweaks the xml files to add content and
alter some attributes, then i do not see any licensing issues.

If we needed to include an Adobe InDesign DTD with Forrest
so that our users could process the xml files, then we
would need to assess Adobe terms and conditions for that.
If there were issues, then we would need our documentation
to explain to users how to do that for themselves.

--David