forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject DITA plugin
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:42:17 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to this list.  I am a Derby contributor, and
I wanted to see if I could help out with Ross's Jira
issue:

http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-461

I created the DITA docs that Derby is using for
documentation, and since we use Forrest for our site,
it would be nice if we could throw our XML DITA files
into directories within our xdocs/ directory and get a
working site with html output in there using the DITA
toolkit.

Basically, all the DITA toolkit does is use xsl
transforms with ant to build html or PDF (with FOP).
There is a preprocessing step to fix related links and
linking etc.

So in my research of Forrest, it seems I would have to
follow this process to get a transform to work with
DITA's xsl files:

http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#sitemap.xmap

I am not worried about validation yet, I just want to
get the transforms to work, so I will probably set
forrest.properties to ignore validation of the DITA
files.

Is there anyone who would like to work on this with me
who might know a lot more about modifying the xmap
files to accept new xsl files?  I figure it might be
easier to share my DITA toolkit knowledge with someone
more familiar with Forrest, and together we can get
the right xsl files in the right places and allow for
preprocessing and full transform of the DITA source in
a Forrest site build.

Also, please let me know if I am approaching this
incorrectly!

Thanks,
Jeff