forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject better use of Jira for Forrest
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:23:34 GMT
We need to be continually cleaning up our Jira issue tracker.
There is a lot of clutter and it means that we cannot have a
good view of our situation.

We recently defined a stack categories. That helps to provide
other ways to browse the outstanding issues.

Today i removed the 0.6.1 release version. That helps with the
Roadmap because now we can see the 0.8 issues too.

That Roadmap shows a stack of issues marked as occuring against
HEAD version and then another stack against 0.7 version.

Should all the 0.7 ones be moved to HEAD, or the other way around,
should all HEAD issues be moved to 0.7 version?

I reckon the latter, move HEAD to 0.7 version. Then we should
remove "HEAD version" as an option in Jira.

What do others reckon?

Is there anything else that we can do to improve our use
of Jira?

--David