forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: planning for 0.7 release
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:20:52 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Let us get some planning happening or we are going to have trouble
> >getting the release out.
> >
> >We obviously missed the dates of 2003-03-25 and 2005-03-22
> >because we need code-freeze and testing for one week beforehand.
> >
> >I suggest the following release plan:
> >
> >Code freeze and testing starts on 2005-03-30 which is
> >two days after Easter. During "code freeze" we cannot add any
> >new functionality, just bug fixes and documentation tweaks.
> >We create the release candidates for both Windows and UNIX on
> >this day and start the vote.
> >
> >If changes have been made during the week, then we create
> >another set of release candidates on 2005-04-05 to give people
> >time to verify the signatures and checksums and to do final tests.
> >
> >Actual release date Wednesday 2005-04-06 then wait 24 hours
> >for the mirrors to receive it before sending the announcements.
> >
> >If anyone wants any different, then please propose another
> >release plan.
> I'm still snowed under with a project that keeps getting extended. It is 
> due to finish (again) the end of this week.
> I'll do what I can but cannot be certain of my undivided attention.

Well, we are all busy and all snowed under. No one expects anybody's
total attention. We just do what we can.

The focus of the release should mainly be about getting the
versioning of docs and website fixed.

We can play down the plugins aspect for this release and make
a 0.8 soon especially for plugins. For now we just need to
ensure that the main infrastructure is working. That should
take the pressure off you, Mr Plugins.

What worries me is that we don't hear many other people stepping
up to help with the release. So maybe we need to delay it for
another week or two.


View raw message