forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: planning for 0.7 release
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:29:49 GMT
Let us get some planning happening or we are going to have trouble
getting the release out.

We obviously missed the dates of 2003-03-25 and 2005-03-22
because we need code-freeze and testing for one week beforehand.

I suggest the following release plan:

Code freeze and testing starts on 2005-03-30 which is
two days after Easter. During "code freeze" we cannot add any
new functionality, just bug fixes and documentation tweaks.
We create the release candidates for both Windows and UNIX on
this day and start the vote.

If changes have been made during the week, then we create
another set of release candidates on 2005-04-05 to give people
time to verify the signatures and checksums and to do final tests.

Actual release date Wednesday 2005-04-06 then wait 24 hours
for the mirrors to receive it before sending the announcements.

If anyone wants any different, then please propose another
release plan.

--David