forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: merging separate sets of generated docs, default tabs (Was: svn commit: r157791)
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:41:58 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >This was deliberate. We will eventually need to find a better way
> >to link separate sets of documentation. Apache Cocoon has this
> >same issue.
>
> Yes, this is a maintenance nightmare ATM. Any improvment here would be
> hightly appreciated!

So would suggestions. As you know from Cocoon, it is difficult to
maintain documentation in separate repositories that get merged
to form the website, yet still work properly offline.

You have been solving some code issues using "svn:externals".
I wonder if that approach might help with documentation too.
I cannot see how, but maybe you can.

At both projects we have 3 separate sets of docs.
Cocoon has even more, with a set for each block.

"site" docs i.e. top-level.
"docs" related to the current release version.
"docs/dev" related to the current development version.

--David