forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding forrest in custom software
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:05:34 GMT
Arik Kfir wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Arik Kfir wrote:
>
> >>We are thinking about embedding Forrest as a content generation engine
> >>in our software.
> >
> >Apache lenya is trying to do the same thing. :)
> >
> >I changed the response address to the dev list because we discuss such
> >things in the dev list. ;-)
> >
> Actually I intentionally sent it to the user list because even though
> I'm embedding forrest in other software, I'm using it as a forrest
> user...but on the other hand, this subject can/might get technical so
> perhaps it's better...

Yes, better to discuss potentially complicated stuff here.
Hopefully the outcome of this discussion will be an FAQ which
the user list people can just read.

> >>Currently, the direction we want to take is simply
> >>embedding the Ant runtime itself, and use it to activate Forrest.
> >>
> >>In details we will:
> >>1. Add the Ant JAR files into our classpath.
> >
> >+1
> >
> >>2. Add the xml-forrest.jar to the classpath
> >
> >+1
> >
> >>3. Add required JAR files from Forrest's "lib" directory to the
> >>classpath (we're not sure which ones we really need - would appreciate
> >>help on this).
> >
> >That really depends which features of forrest you will going to use.
> >
> Yes, I think I'll manage to sort which ones I need...even if it will be
> on a trial-by-error way ;-)  (I got a "ClassNotFound rain coming" fuzzy
> feeling...)

Have you seen:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#invoking_from_ant
or if using 0.7-dev:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/your-project.html#invoking_from_ant

You might also need tools/ant/lib/ant-apache-resolver.jar

--David