forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maintainance of the Lenya Website (lenya.apache.org) again
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 02:34:49 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> NOTE: CC to forrest-dev because of point 2 from T. Schlabach.
>
> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 20:18 +0100, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> > there are still two issues which I am concerned with:
[snip]

> > 2. I has asked this before but got no answer: Is anyone positive that
> > ASF would object to install forrst on minotaur and generate the /site
> > from /docu automatically or on demand, but server-based?
>
> We have one installed but on a machine that is outside of the live
> system. Trying to say we can not use it neither for deployment nor for
> live feed of our side.

Torsten, there is a move to get a better ASF publishing infrastructure.

If we were able to run forrest on minotaur for general use, then we
would have done it long before this. No, we need to wait until other
ASF machines are available, then minotaur can rsync a produced
website from there.

See the current proposal and demo:
http://forrest.apache.org/proposal-asf-publish.html#demo

--David