forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Questions on extending the OOwriter-PlugIn to support HowTos
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:11:51 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:
RG> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>>
>> RG> Can I ask that you provide a patch for this rather than a new document.
>> RG> It makes it much easier to get it into SVN that way.
>>
>> Done.

RG> Thanks, I'll apply soon.

Interesting behavior with OOwriter templates and OO 1.14.

If you have a template called howto.stw and open it with writer, it
will correctly recognize the template and open it as a new document
based on that template. It will not however show the name of that
template in the meta data.

Same if you place that template in the templates directory and use it
to create a new document.

If however you place a file called howto.sxw (a document) in the
templates directory, you can create a new document based on it and the new
document will have the meta data in a field called

              xlink:type="simple"
              xlink:actuate="onRequest"
              xlink:role="template"
              xlink:href="file:///C:/Programme/OpenOffice.org1.1.4/user/template/fromdocument.sxw"
              xlink:title="OpenOffice.org Writer HowTo - Sample"
              meta:date="2005-03-05T20:08:15"/>

So I guess I'll check for that info to distinguish between templates
even though this means that the templates have to be documents.

--
Ferdinand Soethe