forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest:views not working for me
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:12:58 GMT
On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 10:37 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 01:04 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>Well it looks like another sleepless night for me, so I thought I'd try
> >>out forrest:views, unfortunately it doesn't work for me. A request for
> >>index.html (when doing forrest run in the plugin dir) gives:
> >>
> >>ElemTemplateElement error: getHead

> > ...and do not get any error. Can you try that and report back?
>
> I have no idea what I was doing wrong last night, but it works this
> morning. Sorry.

The same happend for me with the projectInfo plugin. This morning I did
an ant local-deploy and the mismatch was gone.

It seems that the plugins have to be locally deployed to work.

> I don't see the RSS nugget as it is in the screenshot at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.views/resources/screenshots/index.html.png?view=auto&rev=159556
> instead I see a list of headlines and links at the end of the document.

Hmm, can you make a screenshot? Maybe it is "just" a css issue.

Can you try on a fresh seed? Just copy the default.fv
from the plugin to your ${project.conf-dir} and modify this file.

When you want another view for a specific file (e.g. index.html) then
copy the default.fv to your ${project.xdocs-dir} and renamed it to e.g.
index.fv.

For the feeder play around with:
<forrest:property name="feedConfig">
  <feed maxItem="1" descr="false"/>
</forrest:property>
if you want to change the maxItems displayed.

Add @position="." to the feed to have numeration.

TIA for the feedback

salu2
--