forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN properties (Was: svn commit: r159468)
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:48:13 GMT
On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 15:01 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 19:13 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >>Due to all these fancy filename extensions for text files,
> >>committers are going to need to configure their SVN clients accordingly.
> >>

> > http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-124
> >
> > Sorry, but I did not want to have 3 different files called *.xsl. I
> > needed the extensions to not loose the overview.
> >
> > *.fn - forrest:nugget
> > *.ft - forrest:template
> > *.fv - forrest:view
> >
> > ...but go ahead and harmonize them if you want (IMO will be more work
> > then add the 3 different extensions). ;-)
>
> If they are XSL shuld they not be called XSL?

The view is xml but cannot be called *.xml because it is in the xdocs
dir.

forrest:templates are xml with embedded xsl:stylesheet. ...but this is
the first supported format, other formats are planed for support in the
future.

forrest:nugget is right now (only the feeder contract nugget exists!!!)
pure xsl. The question is whether that will change in the future (see
[DISCUSS] feeder plugin contract in the view).

> Can we put them in subdirectories to indicate their purpose.

They all have certain dirs where they go in a project:

*forrest:view*
page specific - {project.xdocs-dir}/**.fv
default - {project.conf-dir}/default.fv

*forrest:templates*
{project.resources-dir}/templates/*.ft

*forrest:nuggets* -> NOT YET project specific!!!
{project.resources-dir}/nuggets/*.fn

In the views plugin - {org.apache.forrest.plugin.views}/
*forrest:view*
page specific - {project.xdocs-dir}/**.fv
default -src/documentation/default.fv

*forrest:templates*
resources/templates/*.ft

*forrest:nuggets*
resources/nuggets/*.fn

> Alternatively can we maintain a list like that at
> http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-124 with all the text extensions
> we are using?

+1

salu2