forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject License question about Adobe Indesign
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:37:44 GMT
Hello guys,

I have a question about Adobe Indesign license.

Would it be ok to partly reverse engineer the inx - format for us within
a plugin?

I am not talking about the whole format. I am talking about some
attributes and storing habits of values.

The idea would be to have inx-templates (export format of an indesign
file *.indd) and change some properties and add content. You would need
Indesign installed to create templates, trying to say it can be from
interest for Adobe if we would create such a plugin.

I found out that e.g. a box has a corresponding <crec/> tag. This tag
has an @IGeo="value". I further found out that this @IGeo values store
information in a certain way about "geographic" information like
position et all..

Would it be ok if I develop a plugin in forrest this way. Should I
contact Adobe and ask whether we from Apache Forrest can do that?

TIA for any hints and thoughts
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"