forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Leather and global variables
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:58:49 GMT
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 08:34 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:

> I'm guessing you mean something like:
>
> <map:generate src="{project:conf-dir}/default.fv"/>
>
> If so, my original reply was spot on: Do you mean where do we define
> *new* global variables that can be set in forrest.properties?
>
> You now need to set the value you want in forrest.properties:
>
> project.conf-dir=${project.content-dir}/conf
>
> Everything else happens automatically.

hmm, I actually thought so, but no.

I did it like this from the beginning and because it was not working
like this I asked about defining new variables.

> If this isn't what you are trying to do then it really would help my
> fuzzy early morning brain if you provided a code snippet of what you
> want to do - I wouldn't have to think before my morning brew ;-) (my
> head hurts this morning - sorry)

The pipe looks like the following right now:

<map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="prepare.view.*">
      <map:select type="exists">
        <!--here we will have to test, whether the requested page needs
a specific view.
          This will be assumed as soon there is a .ft
          e.g. index.xml + index.fv-->
        <map:when test="{project:content.xdocs}{1}.fv">
          <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}.fv"/>
        </map:when>
<!--This should be match to the conf dir but I do not know ┬┐how?
          {project:conf-dir} does not work -> ask on ml!
          For now that matches the default.fv in the xdocs dir.
          The problem with this solution is that the a default.xml will
be always render with the default view.
          Not too bad of a problem after all ;-)-->
        <map:when test="{project:content.xdocs}/default.fv">
          <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}/default.fv"/>
        </map:when>
        <!--If the above not matches then get the default view of the
skin-->
        <map:otherwise>
          <map:generate
src="{forrest:skins-dir}{forrest:skin}/templates/default.fv"/>
        </map:otherwise>
      </map:select>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

But it should be like this:
<map:when test="{project:conf-dir}/default.fv">
          <map:generate src="{project:conf-dir}/default.fv"/>
        </map:when>

TIA for your time (again)

salu2
thorsten