forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Per document skinconf (was Re: coloring table cells [from the user list])
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:24:40 GMT
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 21:36 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 15:59 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> I'm only going to reply briefly to most of your points. But I will be
> brief (well brief by my standards ;-)) because of the conclusion I come
> to. I recommend reading to the end before replying as you may find it
> saves you time (I sometimes reply as I read).

:)

I like your style ;-)

I will wait with my answer after the weekend, but just some things:

>Well my proposal is replacing skinconf and moving all the relevant
parts
> to a plugin specific configuration. Again, I'm having difficulty
> understanding how this is different from your proposal (other than
> document syntax).

I see it on a per document basis not only on a plugin basis.

> OK, I see your point. I am still lost here since the position of the
> content does not affect the content. This is still presentation detail
> and therefore not part of the fbits.

You are right, like I said in [RT] forrest:templates practical
experience "FURTHER REMARK: In xhtml the differents between nuggets and
fbits is not
really practical, in INX it is. In the fbits plugin (that we should
rename to 'contracts') I am focussing for now just on html and I would
rather call nuggets and fbits 'contracts' then trying to seperate them.
This is because the processing for both are not different."

>position of the
> content does not affect the content

-> yes, that is right but you can want to influence the content itself
(e.g. different rssFeed for different site, ...)

> <forrest:nugget name="print-link" class="formatButton">

Really I like it, that would be the way to go.

> > That would solve another thing that I do not like on our current
skinconf. The color tags are not self explaining.
> > I would like them in the element that they are changing.
>
> IS this worth the trade-off of an unfamiliar syntax for CSS designers
> and reduced reuse?

hmm, I thought about something like:
<forrest:nugget name="menu" class="menu">
 <color value="#F7F7F7" link="#000000" vlink="#000000" hlink="#000000"/>
</forrest:nugget>

All other points I will answer hopefully after the weekend.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"