forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Metadata in Forrest (was Re: [RT] Per document skinconf...)
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:47:02 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> All that being said, Forrest could be made to support both a separate
>> file or embedded data (there are use cases where the simplistic
>> solution is the best one). The problem with this is that we will have
>> two locations for storing the same data - could be confusing for users.
>
> IMHO the least we have to worry about is to confuse users. I have seen
> that if there is a simple and a more complete way, users would not get
> confused.
>
> The only confusion would come out of using both methods at the same
> time, with clashing metadata values. Ouch!
>
> I'll browse the web for 'rdf in html', 'xhtml metadata' etc to see how
> this is defined elsewhere. I want to try to reinvent the wheel the least
> possible.

And I did :-)

 From what I read it seems that making it possible to embed in xhtml
*and* be able to king to a metadata file is the solution to pursue.

Informative Opinion
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/legalxml-econtracts/200401/msg00026.html

XHTML2 Metainformation Attributes Module
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml2-20040722/mod-metaAttributes.html

<link> to the Metadata
http://infomesh.net/2002/rdfinhtml/#link

FOAF Auto-Discovery: Publishing and Linking FOAF files
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/#sec-foaffiles

Using Dublin Core
http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/

             - verba volant, scripta manent -