forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <r...@gardler.org>
Subject Extending DTD catalog in plugins
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:29:42 GMT
I have a need in one of my plugins to add some DTD's to Forrest. This
issue raised its head some time ago with Sean Wheller's proposal for a
full Docbook plugin, as a result there was a long discussion (which gets
interesting from
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109894335305317&w=2 onwards).

The end result of this discussion was:

--- Start Quote ---

On Thursday 28 October 2004 12:27, David Crossley wrote:
 > > Do you see the benefit above?
 >
 > I think so. I will go mull it over with some
 > late-night card game and wine.

Good idea. No rush. Do however consider that now we have plugins, the
locations will change and this method becomes more of a necessity. Take
the Docbook Plug-in as example.

--- End Quote ---

Since I am not very clued in with catalogs and their use I have no
opinion on this thread, but I do need to implement something. So, if
someone has the time (and the wine) to design a solution for *exactly*
the problem described in the above thread then I will implement it
(remember Sean does make a proposal that is discussed without a
conclusion, so this may be a shorter job than you think).

Ross