forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject [HEADS-UP] We must use "build.sh test" (Re: trunk broken with recent i18n fixes (Was: svn commit: r154917))
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:10:26 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> The problem is that not enough of us are working on the documentation,
> nor running 'build test'. So we do not see the issues immediately.

Recently a number of changes have been made that worked in "forrest run"
but not in "forrest site". We can easily avoid this by doing as David
points out:

Always run "built test" before committing

Failure to do this results in someone wasting time debugging (usually
David as he is on that part of the world clock that brings him to these
things when most of us have gone to bed.

It doesn't have very long, when I remember to I run it in a separate
shell whilst I prepare the commit commands and log messages in another
shell. Usually by the time I'm finished with the commands the tests have
finished.

(I am one of the culprits who recently broke SVN head so I feel safe in
saying this without offending anyone).

Ross