forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Per document skinconf (was Re: coloring table cells [from the user list])
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:38:45 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 23:23 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>>OK, I suspected this would be the case. Care to expand? I'm particularly
>>interested in where the config files are placed and how Forrest
>>manipulates them.
>>

> I will answer on Johannes reply with an example.

Cool I just did the same so we can compare the methods.

>>Also how does forrest:views + fbits address the meta-data issues raised
>>

> Sorry, I have not look close enough to Nicola's RT yet to answer that.

OK, it is quite possible that your solution does not address this since
as  understand it you are only dealing with presentation data. If not
then the solution might be forrest:views for presentation config and
Nicola/my RT for meta-data.

>>Unfortunately, I don't "get" what you are doing with fbits yet. I
>>understand the what you are trying to achieve and I like the sound of
>>it, but I have to admit to being lost as to the "how". So I seem to have
>>come up with my own "how".
>>

> Hmmm, there are some threads I wrote about it, but I will try again. ;-)

Yeah, I read them all (a number of times actually). The theory looks
great but I am still struggling with the practice. Thanks for taking the
time to hammer it in ;-)

> Ok, I will try to find time in the next couple of weeks for doing it.
> Sorry ATM I am really busy (professional and private) but I was up to
> finish it pretty soon. I hope if I can explain it to you we can finish
> it together.

No problem, like I said there is not a huge rush for this, I'm just keen
to get a solution together since we now have two plugins creating
documents that are not valid - this can only cause problems if we don't
short it out soon. As I said, I don't want to do this and then find you
implement a better solution when your time allows.

> ...BTW do not thread me. LOL.

I'll try to remember that, after all I'm a pacifist and I hope that we
meet one day ;-)

> No actually you have been very patient
> with the fbits. If you need it in the next two month that is a good
> motivation for me to finish it. :)

If I need it it's even better motivation for me to implement it once I
know I am doing it the way you envision - since you have done some
extensive experimentation on this elsewhere I'd hate to ignore your
experience.

Ross